Thursday, March 1, 2012

Hard to Leave, Until You Leave





Don't go away
Break into my heart and stay inside
You know the game
The one I refuse to play this time
Get out the way
It's all that you care to say to me
Don't be afraid
When I start to shake you please
Don't be afraid

I know you've only seen the likes
Of us when we break down and fight
Like we should
There will be blood
I know you've never seen the lights
Of us when we make love at night
Like we could
But there's always blood
To spare

You know what to say
To break in my heart and stay inside
Your yesterdays
Come out and set ablaze my mind
Stand in the way
Is all I can think to save this time
Don't be afraid
I know what you think, it's fine
Don't be afraid

I know you've only seen the lies
Of bottled promises and cries
Like we'd make
There's always hate
I know you've never seen the night
For so long sunlight takes your sight
Like I have
When I had you back

Just go away
Break my heart until I say I'm done
My last mistake
To stand in your way, I'll let you run
Don't be afraid

No comments:

Post a Comment